Tuesday, June 30, 2009
a turn around.
This summer is winding up to be very different than I anticipated! I had 'planned' or thought that I would get a job, hang out at the beach alot by myself, make a few friends through a Bible study or something and really get a sense of focus for whats next. And at first it looked like it was turning into that.. I thought I had found a job (Im STILL not sure whats going on with that. The short story is that I was hired, but she told me to call when I got back from vacation, and Ive called multiple times and even went in but apparently she hasnt been around - I cant get through to her at all!) and I thought this job felt right -you know, like I could treat it as more than a job. Now I think Ive wasted too much time on this one that I wont be able to try for anything else. Its strange that half my time here is up already almost! I am trusting that God has the answers for this one even if I cant see it. Somewhere in there might be a lesson in trusting Him with my finances, because I am really going to be cutting it close now. But me and Him have had many a conversation about this, and although I dont get it, I feel ok about it and I am at peace. I followed where I thought He was leading, so I can only continue to do that now! Besides work, my greatest 'needs' I felt was community. Or better put, just friends! and I have been really blessed in that area. Ive not only met a few people that I get along with, my Ive gotten to know a group of people that I feel comfortable with and really enjoy spending time with. They might all be older than me, but I still have quite a bit in common with them. They have kept me entertained with hiking and swimming and game nights, as well as challenging conversations. Its almost like Im having the typical summer that I never once experienced - but in a really cool place. Im staying at 'home' and hanging out with friends and doing all the fun summer activities I never had the time for! This may seem like a small accomplishment to some, but for me to be able to balance rest and fun and growth all together is no small feat. Im finally able to practice the discipline that Ive always told myself too. I still need work on some areas... but one thing that has changed in me definitely is that I am way more open to the Spirit's voice. I still have no idea what I am doing in calgary next year. But that no longer feels like THE big question. I have my dreams and I have my passions and I can truly say that I am living life abundantly. I am loving God and I am loving people. and in small ways I think I am making a difference. I would love to go back to school when I go home and learn more and find a job that I find purpose in - so if that door opens to me I will be jumping at that (but for those that havent heard yet, missionary is the title Im claiming now but there are still many unknowns surrounding that!). But Im going to start the way I left, with all that Im holding onto being my Christian Faith. My life would make no sense at all if God wasnt in it! and I love it that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment