Today I got a call from the local diner and landed an interview with the owner tomorrow morning. that is great news. I just handed my application in yesterday. God is good. They need a hostess and I have (some) experience from my days at Applebees. So, if all goes well, hoppefully I will have a job waiting for me to start once I get home from my birthday vacation! Also, I look forward to checking out a college group that meets on wednesdays... see if any solid relationships come out of that. Its been nice and relaxing so far being here. Ive had the chance to call and skype a few friends and am staying in touch with all my friends across the world. My aunt and I are getting along just great - if you ask her I might be a little on the messy side. But I help cook and I hope Im better company than the Tv or phone! I think we both enjoy having eachother around.
But, besides all these normalities and adjustments... there is something stirring within me. I just finished reading a book by Frank Peretti - one of his first - all about spiritual warfare. And I must say, it is real. I refuse to be put to sleep and to just go through the motions here. I have come to know my God more intimately than ever before, and have come so much closer to understanding His vast love. that needs to be talked about. And the evils of this world need to be combatted against. So tonight as I head to bed I am not so concerned about my job interview tomorrow, or about what I will fill my day with. Im ready to pray, and to pray seriously. For all my loved ones and dear friends around the world, and for the city that I have felt called back to for some time, and for the place I am in now. I dont know what God wants to tell me, but I am ready to listen. I know how easy it is to just do (which is very different than when I write that Im ready to just DO. notice the caps.) and so I will fight back with all the human strength I have. I want to expect of God. I want to see Him working and I want to be surprised and blown away again and again by His power and majesty and His love and faithfulness.
and I want this all to last. persistance. (stubborness used for good). that is just where Im at.
No comments:
Post a Comment