I cant believe its been almost a month since last writing a blog! Where oh where does the time go?! That means its been almost a month since INDIA already. dear me. Its hard to believe sometimes that in the past three weeks I went from India to N. Ireland to California... three VERY different cultures. God has been extremely faithful through all the transitions, and even moreso He has been showering blessings upon me as well! It was so good to be reunited again with the other half of our family in Belfast and to swap stories about our different adventures. Whats cool too is that through their stories I can see even more of Gods purpose in putting me on the team I was on and His intention for sending me to India. It really was the perfect fit for me. I loved hearing all the stories of Rwanda and Burundi too though... I wonder if one day I will make it there..? Our trip was definitely a relationship focused one, especially with the kids that we were with for a solid 7 weeks at the community centre. Theirs focused alot more on reconciliation teaching. It was just good to be back all together. My sleeping patterns quickly adjusted to that of little to no sleep as I would stay up most the night talking and sharing dreams and wake up in the morning for debriefing with our YWAM leader. We talked through the entire DTS and gave evaluations and well as talked about transitioning back into our lives at home. I feel somewhat prepared for coming back home because I was gone before (to KY) and have done the re-entry thing. But still I know there will be unseen challenges. The biggest thing is going to be disciplining myself to keep up what just came naturally in the DTS setting (finding a community of believers, someone to keep me accountable, intercession times, taking roles of leadership, bible studies, etc) AND to spread and inspire this passion that I have now with humility NOT pride. but before any of that happens.... I am here in California for the summer! Ive got a lot to figure out here too. Ive got to find a job. find a church. find friends. Im creating a whole new life here. kind of exciting! But, like my dad said, my 'mission' its just for home or for later. its right here right now. God has a plan and purpose for me being here in santa cruz and I dont intend to sit on my butt and wait for lightning to strike. I am looking forward to spending a good deal of time going through my journals and digging through the bible and cementing some of the truths that Ive learned and growing in new ways too this summer. I also look forward to exploring around this part of california and really getting to know the area.
... this post has spread over a couple days now... this past week has seemed very full. I think I am STILL recovering from jet lag. Ive been so blessed to be able to see my parents and my brother in the past week. It was so great to spend time with family. Its weird how normal it feels to be with them. Our relationships havent really changed, but I know I have a different world view than when I left and its interesting to see that come out in conversation. Its strange to not really have any stories in common though - because everything I know from the past year is a different world from what they have experienced. It was good to just BE with them most of all. There was no pressure to exlode with all my lifes dreams or anything. [i love you guys!] and its been good to have regular communication with them again. On the other hand, it has been extremely hard to not be with my DTS friends for a week. and its hard hearing about their struggles adjusting to life. I just want to be there with them... Through it all though I know God is faithful. I feel him right next to me all the way.. and I look forward to this journey
No comments:
Post a Comment