Saturday, July 31, 2010

Our days are coming to an end here in Delhi. It is a sad thing to say goodbye, even after such a short time. Some of the group is ready to head back; to have a warm shower and not sweat the instant you step out. And some of the group is not yet ready to leave this all here. Most everyone has that special child or worker that they have deeply connected with. It takes work, but it is so worth it to keep in touch with that person.

Personally, I am so sad to be leaving my little kids here again. Thursday night we broke the news to the kids in the Centre that we would be leaving for Canada soon, and the reaction we got surprised me. The kids were SO sad. Some of the little girls, including my 'sister', Sangita, started crying. She said she waited so long for me to come back like I said I would, and now Im leaving again. Her reaction was first of anger, then a deep sadness. The reason this surprised me was because out of all the young girls we see she is the toughest. She never joins in any of the programs or the 'work' that the other kids do. I dont know if this is her choice or her parents... but because of it she knows no english (where the other older kids can communicate somewhat with us) and always seems very angry and very hardened. I dont know why she chose me last time I was here, but she did. And I guess its just good for me to know that my letters and my prayers actually do really matter to her. So its hard to leave these kids. Especially because this time I really dont know when I will be able to come back. They will be grown up... maybe even married off next time I come! But I leave trusting them to the Father's care. I have to believe that he is good and will watch over them. He is able to do far more than I ever could for these kids. But we must remember and we must share their stories. And that gives me all the more reason to support the work that IS happening here as well.

On the other hand, I am ready to come home for the next adventure of my summer. I know I need rest. The best place for me to get that is with family, so I am really looking forward to this next week in Oregon with my family. And before I know it, I will be heading out to school! And James will be married!!I cant believe that. This trip has been so long in coming, its so strange to have it nearly done.

I just tell everyone here to pray me back! That is the best way.

No comments: