I do not remember the last time I have felt so exhausted! This is taking everything out of me this time. The good thing about that is having to rely on His strength for every little bit of work that we are doing. I need renewed strength everyday. And grace, and patience and joy. Especially joy. This must be a little bit of what the workers here feel like.
Today I spoke with my one friend (worker) for some time. He has an incredible story. They truly are living by faith. For meal to meal and for daily energy to be with the demanding children. And it shows. These kids right now are mostly all new kids. Somehow word spread and these kids came on their own accord. But they are troubled kids. Some of them are coming with habits like smoking, drinking and sniffing glue. These bad habits cause bad attitudes, and that is hard to keep from affecting the other kids. My friend said that its good and bad these kids are there. Its bad that they are affecting the other kids negatively, but its good that they are there... and coming back every day. The kids prefer this school to anything else because of the love they receive here. It is the only place that affection is shown. The only place that cares about their interests. Some of the kids come only for food and medicine... but the hope is that with time some of the teachings will soak in anyway.
It's amazing to be able to bring much needed supplies to these places. These are all children programs, but there are no toys. Anywhere. We will be able to bless with toys, clothes, food and medicines. So many of these people and places are just run dry. If only for a short time, we hope to bring refreshing waters.
So I am okay being tired. I hope it means that my strength is being passed along in waves to the people that need it here.
and as I give I know the promise of new waters, and a filling of my jar.
No comments:
Post a Comment