Friday, July 23, 2010

Back to the Start

Hello!

My time here is short, and there is much to write, and so much more to still process through in my own mind. It has been a rollercoaster for the past three? weeks, but I can clearly sense God's peace as He guides me through this all.

My first week in London was so refreshing. It felt so normal to be with my YWAM family again. I love the community we share. It was so good to encourage and to be encouraged, and to hear the updates of what God has been doing over the past year. and the wedding was BEAUTIFUL. I feel so priviledged to have been able to attend that. It was so much fun to be apart of the set up, and then to dance the night away with everyone. Carolyn made a beautiful bride! The time went by quickly, and soon enough I was taking a taxi in Mumbai to Raoul's house. Instantly it just felt right to be back in India. I really enjoyed my time with the Mumbai gang. We enjoyed good food, good fellowship and lots of laughs. I really get along well with them. It was good to go in as a friend this time too instead of a leader, or apart of a visiting team. Both Pune and Mumbai felt natural and comfortable. I was spoiled with the hospitality too! Again, the time felt too short before it was time again to head out to Delhi. Already we have planned for 'next time' whenever I am able to come back. These are true friends that I have made in India.

The start of our time in Delhi has been intense! We have kept up a busy schedule despite the cultural differences and the weather/humidity. Our first day here I went to a meeting with the leaders and found out that our entire schedule was to be shifted around.. so now Im planning two days ahead only at a time! The main struggles would be the language barrier and the humidity! Also, the sights and smells have been shocking for most of the team. It's just hard to understand why it is like this here. We've heard many hard stories, and have decided as a group to record these stories with pictures and to publish a book to bring these stories to life. We havent had any sicknesses yet, and we are just trusting that every meal and every water bottle is safe for our tummies before we ingest. God has been super faithful in leading our team so far. We are all learning so much!!

Now we are heading out to go shopping this evening! Pray for energy and health, as well as continued safety. And for inspiration as for ways we can bless and help.

Take Care!

No comments: