This may be my most important blog that I have and will write for awhile so please encourage everyone you can think of to read this...
First on a lighter note, we found out today where out outreach locations will be and were told to pray about it (and not talk to eachother) and tell them monday which location we want to go to. The options are India and Rwanda. PLEASE DO NOT OFFER ANY OPINION OR ADVICE TO ME ABOUT EITHER PLACE. I want to be sure that GOD is directing my path, and that I am not swayed by any human words. I can say that I am completely and utterly undecided at this point. I want to go to both just as equally.
Now for the more serious matter... Please read in entirity and listen to exactly what I am saying...
On Saturday night one of the staff members living with us at our house - Francis - was attacked by a group of four boys. He is well now, and back living with us... but it has been quite the weekend for us all. I must stress that the reason he was attacked was racial. There is a HUGE problem of racism here where we live and when the drinking is mixed with the hate, it can be ugly. Franics was jumped in front of our house (with most of us inside but not realizing/knowing what was going on just outside) and suffered multiple blows to his head and kicks to his legs/body. He also had stones thrown at him, and was hit by stones from our garden. Inside we heard a commotion and thought our house was getting broken into (mostly because of the stones hitting our windows) so we called the police. When the police showed up shortly after, we opened the door to see Francis standing outside bleeding. You can imagine the response from us was terrific - we went from fear for ourselves to shock and guilt. It was an overwhelming situation.
One person was allowed to go to the hostpital in the ambulance with him so I jumped in (for no other reason than I thought he shouldnt be alone). We surrounded him with prayer until they told us they needed to go... then we left. Our home phone wasnt working so between some of our cell's and Francis' cell (with me) we did manage to get ahold of the YWAM director, Jonny (who met us at the hostpital not too long after). It was a crazy night. I didnt even know what to pray anymore, so I just laid my hand on Francis and felt God. (If that makes any sense) Later, Jonny came, then Francis was finally let into the room and got cleaned up and stitches and pain killers.. and thats when I first heard the story. He also told us that just before that he had been praying with friends for the youth of this city. And that during the attack he choose not to fight back, but was merely trying to block as best he could. After hours of waiting he came out and we were told he had to go to a different hostpital to see an eye doctor (He is still not seeing completely out of his right eye. please pray). I was dropped off in between hospitals by Jonny and proceeded to tell the group what had happened (as none of them knew the story yet either). It was a late night. The following day I found that I was very concerned, particularily for his "heart" or "emotions". I was praying against such emotions of fear and anger (for all of us actually, not just him). Last night he returned to us, and praise be.. He is well. Physically he will recover, he still has pain and his eye is not completely restored. But Emotionally he is well. What an amazing testimony to everyone here. The forgiveness and mercy extended is incredible. We as a group have decided too that we WILL stay (in Belfast but also in the house we are in) and we will not run away from anything the Devil tries to throw at us. We actually prayed that we will encounter the boys who did this in our local ministires - whether we know it or not - and that God will work miracles from this situation. And again I must stress for all you caring mothers out there that this is not a normal occurance, and walking the streets here would be no more dangerous for me than it is at home. We have to use our heads, and not go out alone at night especially, but the reason for this attack WAS racial. I know I went into alot of detail there.. this event is still fresh with us here. I really believe that God will use this for His glory, and that good will (and perhaps already has) come from it. Continue to pray with intention. We want to see change happen here in this land. I have faith that we WILL see change come to pass. We are in for a radical few months here.. the battle is growing.... Which is only great news for the victorious...
No comments:
Post a Comment