Wow, I can hardly believe that its been a week already! I will try my best to fill you in on all the details of my new life here. Its all very exciting!!
Soooo I am living in a sweet house with all my fellow YWAMers.. there are a whopping 4 boys and 5 girls (possibly with another girl coming from South Africa), as well as 2 YWAM staff in our house. We have one bedroom and bathroom for the girls and one for the boys.. and a kitchen, eating area, and living room. Our house is freezing cold most of the time, but I am already getting used to that. Lets just say that modesty is just not an issue! The first few days we had problems with our heater/hot water so it was alot worse too. Our classroom is way way way colder than any indoor building should ever be. Tea is a drink that I never knew I could consume so much of. We are all on a "rota" or rotation for cooking and cleaning and showers.. pretty much everything. We also have a budget of £3 per person per day from the funds we paid...for things like groceries and cleaning supplies etc. This first month I am in charge of grocery shopping for the group. OH dear. thats all I have to say haha. Im getting some tips though. should be good.
This week so far weve been mostly just adjusting and getting to know the staff and eachother. God is so good to us all. We all SEEM to get along great, and weve got a wide range of backgrounds and countries to learn from in our group. Our 4 leaders for our DTS are Tom, Lidia, Amalia, and Dave. And they are all great. We have alot of jokers or "messers" in our group so there is laughter constantly. The past coupld days weve been in a small town called Darkley helping out with some work there and bonding.. We saw our first Irish rain too. I dont even know how to sum everything up that weve done and seen so far, and I just got a warning saying my computer time is almost up. Ill be more prepared next time. God has been ever faithful though. Im saving up stories to tell.. I hate that I dont have alot of time to connect to home. I am well, and I am loving it here. Continue to pray. And THANK YOU. for so much.
1 comment:
hi jen!
i'm so happy to hear from you!
thinking about how much you're going to learn and grow on this trip, i can't help but feel like i have to keep up with my learning too. i'm motivated to be even more involved in the community and by giving all i can to what's around me at the present, i think i'll gain as much in return. I hope that when you're back, we'll both have new experiences to share, ideology to discuss, and like always, enjoy the comfort of each other’s company.
i love you and i miss you so here's all my love and best wishes. take care jen!
ps. The DAT went well, i hope, results will be out in dec so i'll keep you updated =]
Post a Comment