Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blessings and Beatitudes

I really feel at a loss as to what I want to write about to begin explaining my time here at BCOM (Bethany College of Missions) so far. I have been here a month. One week of orientation and three weeks of class. I know that for a fact because my first class is done already and we start up with our second class already on Monday. It is so strange how easily this transition actually was for me. I find it hard to believe that I was so unsure about coming here all last year! I was back and forth on it constantly. Not that I didn't want to, but more that I wasn't sure if it was God's best for me. Now that Im here though, I don't see how He could have better... This is exactly where I want to be and exactly what I want to be doing. I love being here with God. I think the way my life has been since YWAM I have gotten so used to just sitting and being with God. I had so much time last year to be quiet and to reflect and to listen. I didn't always use that to the fullest potential, but I learned a lot. And those habits have stayed with me. I love going to the prayer room here. Or out on my balcony when it's not too cold. Or walking through the back property. Or climbing up a tree... which I do almost every day! It's cool too because its not like God is saying a whole lot to me right now in my life that I need to get away to listen all the time so I know what's up... No, its more like we are just dating and we are developing the base of our relationship by just hanging out. I just like being with Him. And I'm learning more and more how much He likes to be with me. God's pursuit . That's what I want to know.

Besides that, I am loving being around all new people. I absolutely love hearing people's stories and making new friendships and building memories. Every single day is fun and memorable and uplifting and inspiring and hilarious. The sophomores and faculty have told us that we have a unique group... that there is a unity and a seeking nature within the freshmen class. And it was instant. The first week we were IN. We all came wanting God. Wanting change. Wanting Love. There is a hunger among my friends here and it is great to be apart of that.

To give a little more of the backdrop to what my days look like, I will try to outline a typical day for you... We are on the modular system. Meaning we have one class at a time, kind of. Our class starts at 8:00 everyday and Monday through Wednesday we have chapels in between the two morning classes. After lunch then we have our PT (Practical Training) which is our job here on campus. The campus is really student run which is such a cool way of doing things for so many reasons. For one, it really helps us as students take ownership of this school. It also cuts down on costs... and bonus to us, we get our room and board paid for out of it! Anyway, so that is every afternoon from 1:00 to 5:00. Besides class and chapel and work, we have outreach once a week and a one on one with our mentor. We also have English Composition every Thursday morning. And Fridays are unique completely. We have a separate class called Power Of the Cross in which we tackle real life issues. Like last week was on quiet times and reading the Bible. This week was on the Holy Spirit (SO GOOD! I learned sooo much!). We also have our small group times on Fridays right after that class. So as you can see, it is a fairly busy schedule. Especially when you add in homework and time with God - and time to process! - and socializing of course.

There has already been alot that I feel like I have learned since being here, but more so there are things that I am wrestling with. Things that I am trying to understand and having to really dig into God to figure out how these are meant to work in the world we are living in. It's good. I like to dig. I know there is truth in Him, and that keeps me going. Like I said, I am hungry for more. And I wont be satisfied with the surface level understanding. So to sum it up, I am learning, having a ton of fun, and really getting messed up (in a good way!).

I encourage and gladly accept your prayers for me in this time. I love having friends and family that I can count on for such a strong support system. Thank you for being there for me and encouraging me in my dreams! I love you all.

No comments: