Have you ever had a day that you just feel cool? I dont know how else to explain it other than that. Today was one of those days. I just feel cool. This is the kind of dumb conversation I would have with one or both of my siblings. Somehow we all ended up with the same odd way of thinking and expressing ourselves.
[What I did today for those of you who are interested.. I danced in my livingroom listening to Josh Groban.I went hiking along the sandy trails in a state park nearby listening to Selah's hymns, barefoot for as long as I could. I had a great conversation with God.I went into downtown Santa Cruz and perused the local stores. I bought some classic books and some unknown but cultural books at a used bookstore. Now I sit eating my homemade sweet&sour stirfry over sticky rice listening to Amos Lee and David Gray. what a wonderful day]
Now for those of you not so much interested in WHAT I did but more in what Im learning.. well thats been happening too. Ive been looking into school (finally!) and starting to put together somewhat of a plan for my life. It seemed overwhelming at first, but the verse in Proverbs just keeps coming up: "seek the Lord and He will direct your paths" something like that. And it is so true. My first priority is not my life. Still, there are alot of options for me to consider right now in my life. I'll be getting home with close to no money so work is relatively urgent. Time of course makes me think that school is relatively urgent as well. then there is this travelling thing I cant seem to shake. How does it all fit together? Ive actually found a couple schools and programs that do interest me. And Im sticking to my plan of coming back to Calgary for a year at least. What I realized today though is that God often speaks to me through 'interruptions'. What I mean is.. I will hear something direct from Him, and I will run with it full steam ahead. But often, He tells me that so that another door becomes open, or within sight, for me. So He will tell me to go to the main road that Ive heard of, but then along the way I see a side street that just feels so right. That fork-in-the-road place is a hard spot though. How do I know a distractor from what I just called an 'interruption'? Im learning to dream with a flexible heart. running, but not so fast that I cant see the forks. Its a journey. and, after today, I actually feel like I have an idea of the road ahead. exciting stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment