I cant even remember the last email or blog Ive written! I know it hasnt been THAT long, but it really does feel like it. Somehow things have been getting even more busy around here. Now that outreach preperation is in full swing we are getting less and less free time and more 'homework'. I really like it though. We have to take this seriously, its not just an experience here that we will be done with in four months. I am getting life skills here that I will be using the rest of my life.. and I think it is especially good that I still need to make the concious effort to spend time with God and grow with Him individually.. Its not all just done for me. It would be easy to get caught up with the doing here annd the relationships even, but I have to constantly remind myself that I need that personal self control and discipline especially if I want this to maintain after leaving this environment.
So a little update on my life here.. Work duties have switched so now instead of groceries I am cleaning/organizing the office with Carolyn - which is really nice to get to know her before India as we are eachothers one-on-one there. So twice a week we go and clean the kitchen or take the rubbish out or whatever needs to be done. Because we have access to internet there and photocopiers we are also given some tasks for India to help Lidia out.. I like to be included in all the prep and behind the scenes stuff as well.. I feel like Im really getting an idea of all it takes to plan a trip like this. So that happens mondays and thursdays. On Tuesday I still cook - now with steph (we made an awesome pasta dish last this week, mom you will be glad to know that I am getting aLOT more confident in the kitchen!) Wed we now have outreach prep for two hours in the afternoon, and then after dinner I have local outreach at the youth club with Cortney. Thurs morn I have Breakfast Club with Isaac - serving breakfast at a primary school. And friday I have cleanup after lunch and after the community meal with all YWAM staff and friends.
This week I was put in charge with Brian to lead a time (an hour and a half) of intercession on India, so we had to research for that... it went well I felt. And in a couple weeks time I am leading a time of worship and devotional with Isaac for the India team. This next week we are all going down to Dublin! for a week of outreach (that word is everywhere!) and I am in charge of transportation with Jack. Team Jack and Jen! We plan on coming up with some ridiculous games for people to play on the trains or something. So Megan and Nosipho are really the only two that I am not really doing anything with right now! that is just an idea of how busy we are.. Then there are the journals and books to read and anything additional.. LIKE this week we had the task to write a psalm everynight, then read it out to the class the next day. It was really neat. When you write something so honest and personal to God and have the chance to share that with people who are walking along side you.. its a cool experience.
This week of lectures was on worship. It was a really strange week for me really. It was a full torent of emotions. Over all I experienced this week though, the highs and the lows.. the one thing that really rang true for me all week was that worship does not depend on me and my circumstance, but it is about praising the God who does not change, and the comfort that comes from that. AND the amazing truth that God carries me when Im at my lowest and often it is in the form of friends and family around me. I really felt the love of the community in a fresh way this week as I was going through a hard time, and in return, when I was filled afresh with the living joy, I was able to return that love and hold up my friends too. The support is so necessary. I am realizing that more and more. When I was too weak to hold my head up, my friends carried me through. it was beautiful. I absolutely love living in this community, and want to build up/experience that same sense of community wherever I am. As a group we went through a bit of a weird week too.. but all the challenges just seem to make us stronger and more united. As we prayed for India on Thursday we got the picture that there was a door blocking the country to us and the key was in our unity - but that we have to guard that because it is the weapon that will be most strongly attacked.
I have been getting many ideas over the past few weeks of things that I want to DO once I get home and I am really excited to take these steps. I believe that I really am getting equiped here. Most of you have probably been apart of my ideas of what I want to do and see. In calgary and throughout this world. My dreams are big, and I want to inspire others to dream as well.
Im going to end on that note. Things are crazy here and there always seems like there is a conversation that needs to happen or something that needs to be written. Every once and awhile I love doing absolutely nothing that I am obligated to do. That is going to be my day tomorrow. (and was my weekend away last weekend in Newcastle.) Please continue to pray, especially for strength against any spiritual attacks. And for the continued unity of our house. I love you all. You are so precious to me, more and more in fact! Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment