It has been a whirlwind the past week and a half. We are renting a new house but couldnt move in on time so last minute plans were changed and we went down to another YWAM base in closkelt for a week to join them in their lectures. During the week something came up in our group and the staff actually had to make the heartbreaking decision to send one of out students home. God wanted him here for the time he was here, but he was needed to be back at home. So in less than 24 hours we were saying goodbye to one of our family members. It was really hard, especially on the boys since now there are only 3 of them. THEN on the last day in closkelt (friday) we got a new addition to our group. A girl from South Africa named Nosipho has joined us. AND we found out where out outreaches are going to be. I am going to INDIA! and so excited about that. All we know so far is how the groups are divided. Next week we will be finding out more about the details and the where and whats. When we got back to Belfast this past weekend we finally got the keys to our new house so we spent sat moving. It was (and is ) a loong process. The rearranging and cleaning still needs to be completed. BUT we also are starting our outreaches this week in the evenings and mornings (not every day... we are on a rota). Plus our first book report is due on monday soo needless to say it has been a stressful and hectic time here. This week in lectures we are learning about forgiveness - an interesting topic. hmm..
The good, no the great news in all of this is that through it all God is speaking to me more than i even know what to do with. He has given me an idea... its small.. but the spark is there now, and an idea is more than Ive had for my future than Ive had in a long time! I wont share now what that idea is.. just pray and know that it is a HUGE and drastically life changing idea. Also, I love to pray so keep sending me requests please.
and a big thank you and hug to you all that have and are sending me things in the mail. It is so exciting to get a little piece of home especially when communication is so limited I feel from my end. ( I literally dont have time to write letters right now even!). annnd even though it sounded like it, NO that was not a plug to get people to send me more.. Im very grateful for the letters and packages I have received. I cry and laugh when I get those things. So thanks!
FINALLY (I think the computer extended my time a little haha. this is good!) I just have to tell you all how excited I am that in our new house we have a prayer room.. all decked out with art supplies and paper covering the walls and pillows and such. It is such a cool thing. I loove spending time in there with our God. Even among all the stresses and changes right now it is amazing how much joy and peace I feel. When we were in Closkelt I climbed a "mountain" with Jack and we were able to stand in the very presence of God over looking the most majestic and glorious view Ive seen in a while. Gods breath was in the wind, and his gaze was in the setting sun. It was fantastic, and a memory sure to stay with me for the rest of my life.
My posts are getting more and more random! My time is up though.
Love.
1 comment:
So when will you be leaving for India?
Post a Comment