I don't know if I am allowed to be this happy for my sister. It's a strange form of jealousy because I don't wish that it WAS me, I just wish I could be experiencing what she is along side her. I want to see it. Spring break is only weeks away, but I'm still praying that doors could open for me to go. A week with her there would hardly even do it justice. I am so proud of my little sis. I think its awesome that she is living it out. What a better way to dream than to live in it?
[UPDATE on Uganda: last night I went with a couple friends and a teacher to her friends house for dinner. It was a fun night filled with good conversation in a home with a family. Loved it. Nita asked us what we were planning for spring break, and so I described to them my prayer for visiting Jess in Uganda. I got to explain what she is doing there and the things God is revealing to her. Later in conversation, the topic turned to my time in India, and I explained to them what God showed ME in India when I was there my first time. I did not even realize what I was saying, but after put it together. It's so similar to being the same dream... just in a different context. I felt like that was the green light I had been waiting for for months from God. I recognized His voice. It was the same voice that confirmed my decision about YWAM years ago. The same voice that told me to choose India over Rwanda during my DTS. The same voice that said I could go back to India last year. I still don't know HOW it will happen, but I feel like yesterday I got the go-ahead when previously all I was hearing was wait. It's kind of exciting! If anyone has any airmiles/aeroplan points that they would be willing to give up for this please let me know! I would happily use your hard earned points!]
On another note, I had something called 'Ministry Week'... which was really two and a half days...earlier this week. I was with a group of girls who went to the Healing House. It's a safe house for women dealing with abuse or addiction or similar experiences. I met some incredible women over these past few days... and kids too! I don't even know which part was my favorite! We have to write a brief paper about a highlight and I think choosing my topic will be the most difficult part.
We arrived Monday afternoon knowing that we already had too many of us for the work that they would have for us to do... and knowing that we would have to be fairly flexible. Kenzie and I were given the role of student leaders, which really meant organizing people into groups when necessary and being on top of the schedule. Our first day was spent in the kitchen preparing food and cleaning and organizing. After dinner I got caught talking with a girl from Texas, and ended up hearing her life story with a couple others in her room with pictures and all. It was cool to be trusted so quickly. The next day was spent with cleaning and childcare mostly. After lunch a few of us played a game with some of the ladies. We got caught talking again, and this time heard another incredible story from one of the residents. It was so inspiring to have these women open up to us and tell us their stories. We heard stories of self-mutilation. of abuse. of of rape. of drugs and alcohol. and of love. We spent the night and woke for another day feeling more and more at home. These ladies welcomed us into their lives. They told us after that it felt like a vacation while we were there. We were able to bring with us a fresh breath of air and a spirit of newness. We were just happy they felt as blessed as we did! Our final day didn't hold very much 'work' to do at all, but there was crafts to prep and rooms to clean. In the evening we put on a service for the ladies, and did childcare for the kids. I got the oldest kids and had so much fun making up games and competitions to entertain them. I walked away with my first silly-band ever, as well as two drawings and a hug from the most unlikely of all the kids. It was hard to leave. BUT some of the ladies talked us in to coming back this coming weekend for a girls night complete with nail polish and pizza! I look forward to that on Saturday...
Today was back to Global Harvest Church for the first time since before break. Back to igloo building too! and back to class tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment