Friday, May 1, 2009

back to the familiar. somewhat.

We have made it back to Delhi- the whole group of us - safe and sound! Yesterday evening we said our goodbyes to the Mumbai group, and this morning we reached our home here in Delhi! It feels good to be back to the familiar. We know how to use the transport here and are familiar with the culutre moreso and even the language we can manage.. AND we got to see 'our kids' again - it was first on our list of to-do's! We now have the weekend to "rest" - which for us probably means MORE shopping, if I can handle any more! and lots of catching up on the computers! I think Ive spent most of my day today online trying to catch up. Hopefully more pictures will be coming your way soon. Monday we start up again, helping to plan/organize a youth camp in one of the slums. I think we are all rested and refreshed and ready to get working again. It definately felt like a different world in Mumbai, and in pune too. It really rounded our trip for us actually (and made my heart even more attached to this place!). Instead of just AMAZING ministry or just visiting and making great relationships.. now we have an awesome combination of the two. My heart is not only with the ministries AND the kids but now with FRIENDS and families here too. As I was saying goodbye yesterday I really felt strongly that it wasnt a final goodbye - I would definately love to come back. I dont know if it means leading a team and coming back for a couple weeks of ministry or to come back and stay for a good while.. I dont know. But I feel connected here. I should have seen this coming haha. I am so thankful for all the experiences we have had the opportunity to have here. Its been above and beyond what I could have imagined. And the hospitality we have experienced has been unreal. It really has made the difference. It was especially neat to spend time with people MY age that I really did connect with and just share my experience of this trip.. It was strange at first to have people looking to US for spiritual wisdom, but when we shared our lives with eachother we really saw that we are the same in so many ways. AND I have definately seen the difference and growth I have received from being apart of this DTS. It was good to just process that all with people my age I think - people that havent been on this journey with me especially.

And now we push forward for the final stretch. Only with His strength though, as I have well learned. Love and blessings to you all.

No comments: