So we have been at the University for a total of 4 days now. And to be honest, it is not as easy for me as the last two weeks were. I feel more drained this week - in every way. One major difference is that here the work is slow.. with kids you get instant reactions and feel the love. I do enjoy what we are doing, and it is interesting learning more about Indian culture. Slowly we are forming relationships too and building trust. Two weeks is hardly time at all to develop friendships though. I would ask for your continued prayers for our group in this time. Today was a blessing, we had good conversation and the whole atmosphere felt lighter and less forced. Pray that it just continues to increase. And that as a group we will remain united and strong. I know that that is a very important part of who we are and what we are showing. For me personally I think I just really need to talk with my family! Ive become even more attached to them I think this year than I ever was at home - which I know my parents love! It is hard sometimes to be away from all that is going on in people's lives I love back home. I also need to spend more intentional time digesting what Im going though and thinking things through more. I need to be re-energized I think. I am looking forward to this weekend - we are having a birthday 'party' for two of the people on our team.. and we are going to a waterpark! I am so excited to just relax and have some fun.... and SWIM! Its been so long! The days are most definately getting hotter here and that might be a large part of what is affecting all of our energy levels. The past two days especially have been brutally hot, and it will only get worse! Its nice when you can go inside with fans or AC but some places dont have annd then its death. ALSO today we just moved in for 4 days with a few of our friends that we were working with in the preschools.. I am really looking forward to spending these next few days with them! They are wonderful girls. Tomorrow we are treating them to a fancy dinner, and the girls might all go get henna done as well! Its fun being able to bless people who are working so hard!
Other than that, I know that personally I am learning and growing.. but it almost seems like the majority of that will come out after I get back to my life. I think, just like I thought, this is all good practice for me. For so many different things. Its been a very practical time for me to try, and to get better at things, and to experience and do. I love getting to get my hands dirty after spending so much time taking in.
And now I go home to rest. Much love and Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment